Monday, May 21, 2012

Black Cockatoo

We woke up this morning to a family of black cockatoos screeching across the street.  They are so loud! 


Can you see how they eat with the help of their feet?  Pretty awesome!

The black cockatoo's crest is smaller and only black unlike the white cockatoo who has a really large crest on it's head.
The black cockatoos are really large, even larger than the white ones.
Beautiful right?!

The black cockatoo has a distinct way of flying. Unlike other birds the black cockatoo does not flap very often, it kind of glides across the sky. 

They looks so majestic while flying.
Pretty amazing if you ask me.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Those are cool. Are they like parrots and can learn to talk?

Bridger Field said...

It was awesome to see them. Pretty rare treat if you ask me. We don't see them around very often!

Mom said...

Amazing pictures!

Ashley said...

I love these birds but have yet to get any really great pictures of them. I never seem to have my camera when they are around. I think I may have to steal some of yours :)I have seen so many lately but less of the white ones. Usually it is the other way around.