Thursday, February 11, 2010

Home Alone


Today is a monumental day for me. Since having Westly I have had at least one person at home with me to help out with the two kiddos, but today that has all changed! Bridger's parents were able to make it out to Virginia and have left me to fend for myself. yikes! I am feelings worried all though I have no need.. yet!
So far Forest has woken up in a good mood and has eaten his breakfast, and part of mine, and is now playing with his cars while I am posting this blog. Westly woke up around 7, ate, and is now back asleep. He is starting to make some grunting noises so I might not have much time left.
I just don't know what I'll do when both start to cry and want something.
Also, how do moms get things done like Laundry and dishes and dinner? It has been so nice having either Lisa or my mom do my laundry, dishes, and fix dinner. I don't know if I can remember how to do those things. (I do realize I am using up precious time by blogging)
I don't think I will be able to make it out to places for a while. Just the thought of taking both kids out all alone makes me start to sweat. I know this sounds weird but I swear I have started sweating more now that I have two kids.
So to sum up this blog... 2 kids + no help= a sweaty mom who no longer knows how to do the dishes. YIKES!

7 comments:

Mary said...

You'll do great Erin! And if you have some rough moments, there's always tomorrow! Remember, a little crying never hurt anyone, so if they both decide to let it out at the same time, just help the loudest one first ;) And if all else fails, letting Forest watch a short show while you take care of West is fine too.

Soon enough you'll be a pro!

I wish I was closer to help out!

Mom said...

I wish I was closer too! But like Mary says, you'll do fine. Sweating is OK too. If all else fails, you can put them in their rooms, shut their doors and go to your room and cry!

Lara said...

You can do it! You can do it! Gosh, it was hard enough with having just one newborn and no other children. You are amazing!

Mary said...

Oh, I just remembered, you took my two wild kids plus Forest to the mall, to the National zoo, to the hospital to meet baby Amelia, and even did bedtime with three. If you can handle that, you can do anything.

How did the day go for you?

Unknown said...

Our first day by ourselves went great! No melt downs and very few time outs! WAHOO!

wendy said...

You are doing great! I wish I was closer, too!

Sister Field said...

Erin,
You are terrific. I have no worries where you guys are concerned. Just keep doing what you are doing and love those two little love bugs.
As far as distance is concern we are all as close as the phone. wish you were right next door but that isn't going to change anytime soon so I will take the frequent updates and visits as often as we can.
Boy do I miss you.