Mornings at our place are usually pretty chaotic. After being woken up by the not so sweet yelling of "MOMMA!" followed by Westly crying, I change both kids exploding diapers. We then parade down stairs usually with me holding Westly in front and Forest on my back... For some reason Forest really likes to be carried in the mornings, this is not my favorite thing. We make it down the treacherous staircase with no fatalities, but the real danger is not the staircase it is what lies ahead of me .. breakfast!
Because I am not a morning person breakfast nearly kills me every morning! Forest will follow me around in the kitchen reminding me for the 100th time that he wants milk in his cereal AND in his sippy cup. He will be near tears with anxiety when I set his bowl and cup on the table. Once the items are set on the table, in their corret places, (Forest is OCD about where his cup and bowl are placed) Forest will do the very tedious task of searching for almonds in his cereal and will take out every tiny piece of almond he can find. The almond search makes me laugh and almost cry some mornings, but as long as I have a napkin ready for the almonds the search for the yucky almond goes by without any major break downs. As soon as Forest starts eating the rest of the morning goes by quite peacefully.
5 comments:
How funny! You do know they have cereal that comes pre-almond-free right? Dad will shed a tear at this post :)
yes I know there are other cereals but for some reason I don't buy them...
Mary Forest's nut dislike goes even further. He will suck the chocolate off of peanut m&m's and spit out the peanut!
oh boy. Forest is getting so big! so is Westly! that is so funny, i love how kids have their little quirks. Something to tease them about when they're all grown up :) Westley looks a lot like you! doesn't he? Him and Forest look so different! They are both totally adorable. I love Forest's long hair!
Such a cute little rundown of your mornings. I'm totally with him on the nut thing. Not a fan either. I used to do the same thing with the peanut M&Ms. Probably still would if I could get away with it. Must run in the family.
Rick gave Peter a hershey bar with almonds a few weeks ago, Peter gave Rick back a handful of almonds.
Oh happy days when they can make their own breakfast! Maybe you could pick out the nuts at night.
love you
Heather
Post a Comment