Thursday, October 7, 2010

School Time

Forest and I have started doing "school time" during Westly's morning nap time.
We start off school with the letter of the day.
Today was O
I then have Forest trace the letter with his fingers while talking about the sound the letter makes. (When we first started doing school time I didn't teach Forest the sound the letter makes. After talking with my mom a few days ago I learned that it is more important to learn the sound than the name of the letter. I am learning too. Thanks mom!)
Forest then traces inside the letter. He improves at this daily!The finished O. I think he did an awesome job!
(The chicken scratches next to Forest's name is Forest attempt to write his name. I love when he does this)After we finish with the letter we go to the website starfall.com and learn more about the letter of the day and review other letters.
After computer time Forest gets to do an activity. Today was play dough.I don't want to leave Westly out of this post! He is now a crawling machine!Westly is also pulling up on EVERYTHING!!
(notice the chub hanging over his pants! He is such a chunk!)
Westly has also started waving!!
So pretty much my boys are da bomb!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

They are too cute for words. I love that you are home schooling. What a special time for you and Forest.
Westly is so sweet. I love his chunk, I will be sad to see it go. Loving his shirt too.

wendy said...

Erin - you are so fun! Emily and John still love starfall. It is a great website.

I can't believe how grown up Forest is! and Westly! What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

You are such a cute mom. I have never heard of the starfall website. Your boys are so cute. I love how chubby westley is. It's great. Love anna

Mom said...

Your dad and I really enjoyed the pictures and post. Forest looks so cute with his haircut! And Westly is amazing. I'd love to see him crawling.