Friday, February 10, 2012

One Rainy Day

Have I mentioned that this summer has been one of the rainiest summers in history here in Sydney? I feel bad, I think we brought Portland's weather with us. Although it has rained more than usual here it has not felt as gloomy as the rain in Portland can seem. Most of the time it is beautiful and sunny out and will rain at night or for an hour randomly in the day. Which is great because it cools everything down. I think all the rain has been a blessing since I don't really do too well in humidity and high heat.
Anyways, on one rainy day I took the boys down into Sydney. We watched the boats come and go in the harbor while we ate a snack. We also walked up to the opera house.
We are going to play I-SPY with this photo.
Can you SPY Forest? The boys and I then went to craft time and story time in the Opera house - how cool is that?! In the Opera House!In the craft area, Forest made a grasshopper that turned out sooo cute! While Westly decided to be Mr. Terror and kept trying to dump out the boxes of craft supplies - ah!
After craft time we headed over to the reading corner for Reading time
The story lady was so adorable and so fun! I enjoyed listening to her read the stories.
After story time we headed out and ate anther snack on the opera house stairs.
Forest is too cool for photos here.
and then we went for a walk through the botanic gardens and along the harbor.
(Westly in this photo is giving Forest a kiss)
The botanic gardens are so beautiful and so huge, you could get lost for hours in there!
While in the gardens we found some beautiful flowers - can you see the closed flower? It is hard to tell from the photo but this flower is really large - probably the size of Forest's head!
this is the same type of flower opened. Forest and I thought these flowers looked like the magic flower from "Tangled"
both boys were much too interested in the water so we didn't stay here too long- just for the photo.
We spent over an hour wondering about and really enjoying the overcast day. Sydney is beautiful even when covered in clouds and rain.

3 comments:

Mary said...

What a great outing! I love the picture of Forest on the Opera house steps. You guys are the coolest :)

orchard_girl said...

What a fun outing. I spy Forest! Love you guys!

wendy said...

What a cool place to have storytime! I love the I-Spy Forest photo! you are such a fun mom!