Friday, January 2, 2009

my very smart one year old

Instead of catching you up on our very eventful last month (so eventful I had no time to blog... or maybe I did but I decided take a nap instead) I am going to blog about how intelligent my 1 year old son is! Yes, I know I can not believe he is 1 either! How did he grow up so fast!?

Forest has become a signing wiz! I can't believe the signs he has caught onto even though I am not always consistent. Forest can sign:

  • Food
  • More
  • All done (he made up his own sign for this one which works great!)
  • Please
  • Milk
  • Thank you or maybe he is signing mom - still not sure what he is saying!
  • And right now I am trying to teach him Fruit, Cracker, toilet, and bed.

Forest can also tell you what a sheep says "ba" he says it in a sweet high voice it is adorable and what a dog says (he breaths heavy). He also trys to do a horse sound but ends up saying "AW" and shaking his head like a horse! For some reason today he will not tell me what a sheep says he just shakes his head no. humph!

If you ask Forest to find his nose he always points to his hair- at least he is consistent right?

Anyways Forest is adorable but he is reeking havoc on the book shelf behind me so I need to cut this blog short!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Wow, he is communicating! That makes things fun doesn't it?! Smart little guy :)

wendy said...

I love baby signs. He is so smart!

Anonymous said...

Forest is so cute! And smart too. How I miss that guy! (And you and Bridger too!)